Best Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
Buffalo cauliflower bites with hot sauce are a perfect vegan alternative to buffalo chicken wings! Crispy, delicious, and easy to make recipe. Baked, roasted, or air fryer friendly.
If you’re looking for something meatless yet still tasty, these buffalo cauliflower bites will blow your mind! Each bite is crammed with spicy flavor, tasty buffalo sauce, and crunch. You’ll forget all about meat!
Why You Should Make This Recipe
Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly: We all know that buffalo chicken wings are a winning dish for any party! But with more people looking for meatless and healthier alternatives, this buffalo cauliflower recipe will undoubtedly steal the show!
Beginner Friendly: these delicious buffalo hot sauce cauliflower bites are super easy to make, even if you’re a cooking newbie. Plus, this recipe only takes 35 minutes and with few ingredients.
Super Versatile: Whether I’m looking for a late-night snack, a main dish, or something to satisfy my whole family, this baked cauliflower with buffalo sauce is one of my favorite recipes to make. And, air fryer buffalo cauliflower is even more enjoyable (if you have an air fryer).
What is Buffalo Sauce?
Tangy, spicy, red, and delicious. Traditionally buffalo sauce consists of cayenne pepper, melted butter, vinegar, and herbs such as garlic powder. Sometimes Worcestershire sauce or hot sriracha sauce is added.
- All-purpose flour 3/4 cup (you can use almond or oat flour for a gluten-free substitute)
- Garlic powder 2 teaspoons
- Smoked paprika 1 teaspoon
- Pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper
- Oat milk 3/4 cup
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Buffalo wings hot sauce mixture 1/4 cup
- Coconut/avocado oil 2 tablespoons
- Honey 1 tablespoon
Prepare the buffalo cauliflower in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease.
- Mix the flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl.
- Then, add the oat milk and stir until a smooth consistency.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the milk batter, gently tossing to coat each cauliflower bite evenly.
- Shake off any excess batter, and then arrange them evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Put the buffalo cauliflower bites in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn the cauliflower bites over with a fork, then place them back into the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
Do you own an air fryer? For extra crispy air-fried buffalo cauliflower bites, place the battered cauliflower bites into your air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes.
Prepare the buffalo hot sauce.
- While the buffalo cauliflower bites are cooking, prepare the buffalo wing sauce by combining coconut or avocado oil, buffalo wings hot sauce mixture, and honey in a small bowl.
- Mix all three ingredients together until you have a smooth buffalo sauce.
Putting the buffalo cauliflower bites together.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and brush the buffalo wing sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower.
- Put the coated cauliflower florets back into the oven to bake for a future 10 minutes until crispy.
- Serve in a small bowl with fresh ranch or blue cheese dressing for the perfect dip.
Tip: for air fryer buffalo cauliflower, use parchment paper to avoid mess.
Buffalo Cauliflower with a Twist
Spice up your buffalo sauce.
Coat your cauliflower florets with the hot sauce you want. Experiment with ingredients like siracha to spice up your buffalo sauce even further.
Blue cheese dressing.
Nothing pairs better with buffalo wings than a creamy blue cheese dressing, and buffalo cauliflower bites are no different. Make a tasty blue cheese dipping sauce to compliment the tangy buffalo hot suace.
Try drizzling lemon juice over your buffalo cauliflower bites for a more zesty taste.
I hope you enjoy this delicious buffalo cauliflower with hot sauce recipe as much as I do!