Enjoy these quick, simple, healthy and easy dinner recipes; cheap family-friendly meals ideal for busy weeknights!
Looking for some dinner recipes that are easy, quick, healthy & filling? No need to look further! Here are our 20 top dinner recipes, from instant pot meals to one-pan latest recipes to absolute pantry staples!
Chicken thighs, veggies, pasta dishes, baked chicken, we have it all.
Keep reading for the easiest and most delicious dinner recipes there are!
Loaded Zucchini Boats
Our loaded zucchini boats are stuffed with delicious meat, vegetables and cheese. A healthy, fun and tasty recipe to make with the kids, or by yourself.
4 zucchinis • Italian seasoning • salt • pepper • 2 tsp olive oil • minced beef • 1/2 cup onion finely diced • 1 tsp minced garlic • 2 cups marinara sauce • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella • chopped parsley
1. Cut zucchinis in half and scoop the flesh out. Season the zucchini shells & place them on a baking tray.
2. Cook the minced beef over medium heat for 4 mins before adding the onion, seasonings & garlic. Cook for an additional 4 mins.
3. Add your marinara sauce to the pan & simmer for 5 more mins. Spoon your meat mixture into the zucchini shells & top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake for 25 mins in a pre-heated oven (400 degrees F) until cheese has fully melted. Sprinkle with fresh parsley & serve.
Soba Noodles Stirfry
This hearted one-pan meal is an excellent choice for a quick, yummy dinner. Soba noodles stir fry is absolutely delicious and easy to make!
8 oz soba noodles • 2 minced garlic cloves • 1 tbsp minced ginger • 1 carrot • 1 onion • 13-14 oz white button/champignon mushrooms • vegetable oil •3 tbsp soy sauce • 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar • 2 tbsp sesame oil • 1 tsp sesame seeds • 2 tsp honey • ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1. Create a sauce in a bowl by combining 3 tbsp of soy sauce, 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar, 2 tbsp of sesame oil, 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds, 2tsp of honey or maple syrup, ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes, and 1 tsp of fish sauce if desired. Set aside.
2. Put soba noodles in salted boiling water & cook on medium heat for 5 mins. Remove from water and set aside.
3. Heat up vegetable oil in a pan. Add onion, cook for a few mins, then add ginger and garlic. Cook for another few mins. Add mushrooms and carrot. Stir fry for 3-5 mins.
4. Reduce the heat, stir in the noodles & pour in the sauce. Stir for 2 mins. Garnish and eat this stir-fried meal immediately.
Mexican Enchiladas with Chicken
Mexican enchiladas are one of our favorite easy dinner ideas! Stuffed with shredded chicken and cheese, this quick and easy meal is a homemade classic.
8 tortillas • 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken • 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican-blend) • salt • pepper • 2 cups easy enchilada sauce • toppings: diced onion, sour cream, shredded lettuce, cotija cheese (all optional)
1. In a bowl, mix shredded chicken, 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce, salt and pepper.
2. Microwave tortillas for 1 minute and flip them halfway through.
3. Fill each tortilla with shredded cheese & the shredded chicken mixture. Roll all tortillas until they fully close and place them in a baking dish side down.
4. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas, top with the rest of the shredded cheese, and bake for 20 mins in a preheated oven (350 degrees F).
5. Garnish with toppings and serve immediately.
Cheesy Meat & Pasta Casserole
Perfect for busy weeknights, this cheesy meat & pasta dish makes for delicious comfort food! Made with ground beef, it’s one of the easy dinner ideas that are absolutely packed with protein.
16 ounces penne pasta • 1 lb lean ground beef • 1 sweet Vidalia onion • 1 red bell pepper • 3-5 garlic cloves • 1 tsp ground oregano • 1 tsp salt • 1 tsp ground black pepper • 1 26-ounce jar marinara or pasta sauce • 3 cups shredded mozzarella • 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
1. Cook pasta in a pot. In the meantime, add olive oil to a Dutch oven, as well as beef, red pepper and onion. Cook on medium-high heat until the beef has cooked and the veggies softened.
2. Add garlic, oregano, salt & pepper and stir for 1 min. Add the cooked pasta and the marinara/pasta sauce. Stir to combine. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese & stir until it has melted.
3. Put the mixture into a prepared baking casserole dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
4. Bake in a preheated oven (375 degrees F) for 15-20 mins. Garnish with fresh herbs (optional), eat & enjoy!
Salmon & Asparagus
Looking for easy recipes for your weeknight dinners? This salmon & asparagus recipe will make for a delicious dinner tonight – it’s classy, healthy, and easy to make!
2 salmon fillets • 2 tbsp vegetable or chicken broth • 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice • 1 tbsp hot sauce (e.g. sriracha) • 3-4 tbsp butter • 4 tsp minced garlic • salt • pepper • 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley or cilantro • 1 lb asparagus (woody ends trimmed)
1. In a bowl, combine the sauce ingredients: broth, lemon juice and hot sauce.
2. Cut 2 sheets (14 by 12-inch) of aluminum foil. Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and divide them onto the aluminum foil. Put trimmed asparagus next to the salmon.
3. Drizzle the sauce over the salmon fillets and the asparagus. Dice the butter into cubes and layer them evenly over the meal. Sprinkle garlic on top.
4. Wrap the ends of the foil up. Place the salmon foil packs on a sheet pan and bake in a preheated oven (425 degrees F) for 9-12 mins.
5. Remove, unwrap and drizzle with lemon juice. Garnish with fresh herbs & serve immediately.
Beef & Broccoli Stirfry with Rice
Beef and broccoli stir fry with rice belongs to our easy dinner recipes for a reason – it only takes about 30 minutes to make. It’s an ideal choice for your weeknight dinner rotation!
1 1/4 lbs flank steak • 2 cups broccoli florets • vegetable oil • 2 tsp minced ginger• 1 tsp minced garlic • 1/4 cup oyster sauce • 1/4 cup beef broth or water • 2 tsp toasted sesame oil • 1 tsp sugar • 1 tsp soy sauce • 1 tsp cornstarch • salt • pepper
1. Heat 1 tsp of oil in a frying pan. Add the broccoli & cook for 4 mins. Add the ginger and garlic, cook for another 30 sec, remove the broccoli & set it aside on a plate.
2. Put 1 tbsp of oil in the same pan and turn the heat to high. After seasoning the steak pieces, place them in the pan one after another. Cook each piece for 3-4 mins on each side.
3. Add the broccoli back to the pan. Cook for 2 more mins.
4. In a bowl, mix beef broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. In a second bowl, combine the cornstarch with a tbsp of cold water. Once you pour the first mixture over the beef and vegetables, cook for 30 secs. Add the cornstarch mixture, bring to a boil, and cook for 1 min or until the sauce has begun to thicken.
5. Serve immediately with cooked rice. Feel free to use some leftover rice for another recipe.
Chicken Burrito Bowl
Perfect for a family barbecue or just a typical weeknight dinner, this chicken burrito bowl is full of healthy and filling ingredients. It’s the star among easy dinner recipes, that’s for sure!
2 chicken breasts • 1 cup cooked rice • 1 tbsp lime juice • 1 avocado • 2 cups mixed greens • 1/2 cup black beans • 1/2 cup canned corn • 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes •1 tbsp greek yogurt • 1/2 red onion • 1 jalapeno pepper • salt • pepper • chicken marinade • chopped cilantro
1. Mix chicken marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag. Add chicken (boneless & skinless), seal the bag & shake it until chicken is fully coated.
2. Grill chicken on a grill pan or an outdoor grill for 5-7 mins on each side. Set aside for 5 mins & slice.
3. In a bowl, combine cooked rice, lime juice, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Add the greens & the chicken breasts.
4. Garnish and serve straight away.
Sesame Chicken Bites with Rice
Sesame chicken bites are a great homemade alternative to a yummy take-out. If you’re looking for a way to cook quick and easy dinners, here’s one of the most delicious easy dinner ideas!
2 eggs • I3 tbsp cornstarch • 10 tbsp plain flour • pepper • salt • 1/2 tsp garlic salt• 2 tsp paprika • 3 chicken breast fillets • 2 cloves garlic • 1 tbsp Chinese rice vinegar • 2 tbsp honey • 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce • 3 tbsp ketchup • 2 tbsp brown sugar • 4 tbsp soy sauce
1. Place 3 bowls on the counter. Put the cornstarch in bowl A. Lightly mix 2 eggs in bowl B. Mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic salt and paprika in bowl C.
2. Prepare chicken breast fillets & place them in bowl A. Cover chicken with cornstarch. Then place the chicken in bowl B and dip it in the egg & dredge it in the seasoning in bowl C.
3. Add to a preheated wok and cook on high heat for 6-7 mins. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl lined with paper towels.
4. Add sauce ingredients to the wok (garlic, Chinese rice vinegar, honey, sweet chilli sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce, optional sesame oil) and stir on high heat for 2-3 mins. Put the chicken back in. Cook for 1-2 mins.
5. Remove, divide between bowls, and serve with cooked rice. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Cheesy Tomato Pasta Bake
Minimal prep and delicious taste – that’s what the best dinner recipes are all about. This pure comfort food will make everyone around the dinner table sing praises to your cooking skills.
1 lb pasta • 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese • fresh basil • 2 cans tomatoes • 1 red onion • 3 garlic cloves • fresh thyme • fresh rosemary • 1 tsp Italian herbs • 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar • 1/2 cup vegetable stock/red wine • salt • pepper
1. Fry onion and garlic in a pan & add tomatoes, herbs, spices, balsamic, stock or wine, optionally 1-2 tsp of sugar. Let simmer for 10-15 mins and cook the pasta in the meantime.
2. Add the cooked pasta and 1 cup of pasta cooking water to the pan.
3. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish & mix with cheese. Place in a preheated oven (400 degrees F) and bake for 15-20 mins. Garnish & serve.
Chicken & Vegetable Kebabs
Made with veggies and marinated chicken, these kebabs are a staple among summer dinner recipes. Enjoy this easy and quick meal!
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts • 1/4 cup olive oil • 1/4 cup honey • 1/3 cup soy sauce • 1 tsp minced garlic • 1 red bell pepper • 1 yellow bell pepper • 2 zucchini • 1 red onion • 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Whisk olive oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Cut chicken, bell peppers and zucchini into 1-inch pieces & add to the marinade.
2. Cover and put in the fridge for 1 hr. Then thread the vegetables and the chicken onto wooden skewers.
3. Cook for 5-7 mins on each side on a preheated grill (medium-high heat). Top with parsley and serve.
Vegan Chickpea Curry
Creamy and full of plant-based protein, this vegan chickpea curry is one of our favorite easy dinner ideas! Cook in under 30 minutes and enjoy!
1 onion • 2 tbsp olive oil • 1 tsp crushed garlic • 2 cans chickpeas • 1 can chopped tomatoes • 1 can coconut milk • 1 tbsp coconut sugar • 1 tbsp garam masala •1/2 tsp cumin • 1/2 tsp ground coriander • 1/2 tsp turmeric • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper • cooked rice • salt • pepper
1. Add olive oil, chopped onion, crushed garlic and spices to a pot. Sauté until the onions have softened.
2. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 mins.
3. Mix in coconut sugar, salt and pepper.
4. Remove and serve with rice.
Chicken in Creamy Sauce
Served in a creamy garlic sauce alongside mashed potatoes, this chicken-based meal is one of the most delicious easy dinner recipes you could possibly make!
3 large chicken breasts • 3 tbsp all-purpose flour • 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese • 2 tbsp olive oil • 2 tbsp butter • Italian seasoning • salt • pepper • garlic cream sauce ingredients
1. Slice the boneless & skinless chicken into 4 cutlets and season. In a bowl, mix flour with parmesan. Dredge the chicken through.
2. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat & melt butter. Cook chicken cutlets on both sides for 4-5 mins. Remove onto a plate.
3. Melt more butter, add garlic & cook for 4-5 mins. Deglaze the pan with chicken stock & add garlic cream sauce ingredients. Season & let the mixture simmer.
4. Remove from heat & add the chicken back to the skillet. Serve with mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Cheese & Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
Melty cheese, healthy veggies and tasty stuffing… enjoy the perfect dinner tonight! If you’re a vegetarian looking for some dinner recipe inspiration, here is one of our lovely easy dinner ideas!
4 red bell peppers • olive oil • 1 1/2 cooked rice • 1 onion • 2 cups fresh tomatoes (cherry) • 1/2 chopped cilantro • 4 cloves minced garlic • 1 1/2 tsp chili powder • 1 tsp ground cumin • 1 can pinto beans • 1 cup grated mozzarella or cheddar • 1 tbsp lime juice • salt • pepper
1. Put the halved peppers on a sheet pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil & season. Bake in a preheated oven (425 degrees F) with the cut sides facing up for 20-25 mins. Set aside. In the meantime, cook the rice.
2. In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and 1/2 tbsp of salt. Cook for 5 mins. Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 mins. Add cilantro, chilli powder, garlic and cumin. Cook for 1 min.
3. Remove the pot from the heat & add rice, beans, lime juice, salt and pepper.
4. Stuff each pepper with the rice mixture. Top with cheese. Bake at 425 degrees F for 12-13 mins. Garnish & serve.
Chicken Korma Curry
We love chicken korma because it belongs to the most delicious easy dinner recipes you could possibly imagine Creamy, flavorsome and ideal for the whole family, this one is a must.
3 chicken breasts • 1 onion • 2 cloves garlic • 2 tbsp sunflower oil • 2 tsp minced ginger • curry seasoning • 2 tbsp tomato puree • 1/2 cup yogurt • 1/2 cup coconut cream • 4 tbsp double cream • 1 tbsp sugar • 1/4 tsp white paper • salt • boiled rice • ground almonds
1. Heat the oil over medium heat in a pan & add onion and cook for 5 mins. Add chopped chicken breasts & cook for 5 mins.
2. Add garlic and curry seasoning, as well as 2 tbsp of tomato puree. Cook for 2 mins. Add yogurt, coconut cream, sugar and 2 tbsp of ground almonds. Stir & bring to a gentle boil, then simmer for 6-8 mins. Stir in double cream & turn off the heat.
3. Top with fresh coriander & serve with boiled rice.
Air Fried Chicken Wings & Dip
It’s time for chicken wings! Enjoy this staple among easy dinner ideas along with some sriracha dipping sauce, and have a wonderful weeknight dinner!
2 lbs chicken wings • lemon zest • 1/4 cup sriracha sauce • 3 tbsp butter • 1/4 tsp garlic salt • fresh parsley • 1 tsp paprika • 1 tsp garlic powder • 1 tsp baking powder • 1 tsp dried thyme • 1/4 tsp cayenne • salt • pepper
1. In a bowl, mix chicken wings (skin-on and bone-in & separated at the joints) with the zest of 1 lemon, baking powder and the seasonings.
2. Spray wings with cooking oil. In a preheated Air Fryer (400 degrees F), cook for 8 mins. Flip over, spray and cook for another 8 mins.
3. Combine butter, sriracha sauce and garlic salt in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer & whisk until the butter melts. Remove from the heat.
4. Top chicken wings with fresh parsley & serve with sriracha hot sauce and lemon wedges.
Shrimp Tacos with Guacamole
Easy dinner ideas are so great because they’re quick, tasty and convenient – just like these shrimp tacos with guacamole. Enjoy this Mexican-inspired recipe and have a weeknight dinner you won’t forget!
2 lbs fresh shrimp • 6 small tortillas • 2 cups shredded cheese • 3 avocados • 1 cup chopped onions • 1 cup chopped tomatoes • 1 cup chopped cilantro • 2 tbsp olive oil • 1/2 cup chopped green onions • 2-3 limes • onion powder • old bailey seasoning
1. In a bowl, combine the fresh shrimp (tails removed & peeled & deveined) with 1-2 tsp of onion powder and 1-2 tsp of old bailey seasoning. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup of onions, 1/2 cup of tomatoes & 1/2 cup of cilantro. Add the shrimp & sauté for 5-8 mins.
2. In another bowl, mix diced avocados, the rest of the onions, tomatoes and cilantro, as well as green onions. Add onion powder and lime juice to create creamy guacamole.
3. Fry the tortillas on a high-heat skillet for 30 secs. Wrap to form a taco shell. Fry for another 30 secs. Remove from the heat & allow to cool.
4. Fill the taco shells with the cooked shrimp and the guacamole sauce. Top with cheese. Garnish and serve.
Your weeknight dinner will never be the same with these loaded nachos. Perfect for busy weeknights or family get-togethers, this delicious dinner recipe is quick and easy!
1 lb ground beef • 2 cups beans • 1/4 cup water • 1 bag tortilla chips • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese • 2 cups Colby Jack cheese • 1 cup pico de gallo • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro • 1 jalapeño • 1 tsp vegetable oil • spice mix • optional toppings
1. Make a spice mix: combine 2 tbsp chilli powder, 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp granulated garlic, 1 tsp granulated onion, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp dried oregano and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
2. Cook ground beef on medium-high heat & season with the spice mix. Break the meat up into crumbles. Cook for 8 mins & drain the fat using a colander.
3. Return the drained meat into the pan & add beans and water. Cook until the beans are smooth and warm.
4. Toast the tortilla chips in a preheated oven (350 degrees F) for 5 mins. Remove & top with the beef mixture and the shredded cheese. Bake for 5 mins.
5. Top with jalapeño, guacamole or any other toppings. Serve & enjoy!
Italian Pork & Beef Meatballs
Are you in the mood for some real food? Try out this Italian meatballs dinner recipe – as far as easy recipes go, this one is a winner!
1 cup fresh bread crumbs • 1/2 cup milk • 1 lb ground beef • 1/2 lb ground pork • 1/2 cup Italian sausage • 1 onion • 3 minced garlic cloves • 2 eggs • 1 cup grated Parmesan • 1/4 cup parsley • 1 jar marinara sauce • 2 tbsp olive oil • salt • pepper
1. In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs with milk. Let sit for 15 mins.
2. In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, sausage, garlic, and onion. Season & stir in the bread crumb mixture. Add lightly beaten eggs, Parmesan, and fresh parsley. Create 1-inch balls out of the mixture.
3. Heat oil over medium heat. Place meatballs onto the skillet & sear on all sides until each meatball develops a crust. Set meatballs aside.
4. Add sauce to the skillet & bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs back in. Simmer for 8 mins. Serve immediately.
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Finding quick & filling vegetarian dinner recipes isn’t always easy, but these stuffed sweet potatoes – one of our most delicious recipes – are guaranteed to make for a yummy dinner.
4 sweet potatoes • 1/2 cashew cream sauce • 1/2 red onion • 1 tsp lime juice • 1/2 tsp pepper • 1 1/2 tbsp oil • 1/4 tsp garlic powder • 1/4 tsp onion powder • 1/4 tsp cumin • 1/4 tsp chilli powder • 1/2 tsp salt • 1 can black beans • avocado • chopped cilantro
1. In a preheated oven (350 degrees F), bake the potatoes on a sheet pan for 55-65 mins.
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat & sauté onion for 5 mins. Add spices & cook for additional 3 mins. Add black beans & stir and cook for 5 mins. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk together lime juice, black pepper and cashew cream sauce.
4. Let the sweet potatoes cool down, then open & mash the inside so it’s easy to scoop out. Spread the black bean mixture, cashew cream sauce, avocado and cilantro on top of the potatoes.
5. Serve and enjoy this quick and easy dinner recipe!
One-pan easy recipes are all the rage and for a good reason! What’s better than some quick healthy dinner recipes? Enter shrimp scampi!
4 tbsp butter • 2 tbsp olive oil • 4-5 minced garlic cloves • 1 1/4 lbs shrimp prawns • 1/4 cup white wine or broth • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes • 2 tbsp lemon juice • 1/4 parsley • salt • pepper
1. Heat olive oil and 2 tbsp of butter in a pan. Add garlic & sauté for 30-60 secs. Add the shrimp (shelled with tails on or off), season & sauté for 1-2 mins on each side.
2. Pour in white wine or broth, add red pepper flakes & bring to a simmer for 1-2 mins. Stir in parsley, lemon juice and the remaining butter. Take off the heat.
3. Serve with fried rice, crusty bread, or veggies, and enjoy this instant pot dinner recipe!