Belly fat burner drinks are essential for weight loss.
Some increase metabolic rate which helps burn fat quicker, while others suppress appetite. By so doing, limiting calorie intake.
Do fat burners drinks work?
Current Gastroenterology Reports show that weight loss drinks work. it further notes that fat burners are more effective when the diet is low in calories.
That being said, here are 6 proven belly fat burners:
1.Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
Lemons are rich in Vitamin C, soluble fibers, and other minerals. These make lemons important in:
- Weight loss. According to this study, the polyphenol antioxidants found in lemons help burn fat. Also, drinking lemon juice increases your metabolic rate which will in turn increase your workout time.
- Boosting heart health. According to this particular research vitamin C plays a major role in reducing your risks of cardiovascular diseases. The soluble fiber in lemons also helps in reducing risks related to heart diseases.
- Preventing kidney stones. The citric acid present in lemons creates a less favorable environment for the formation of kidney stones. It does so by increasing urine pH and volume.
- Improving digestion. Soluble fibers found in lemons slow the digestion of sugars and starch. by so doing, they reduce blood sugar levels.
- Lowering cancer risk. The intake of citrus fruits reduces cancer risks. Research conducted showed that compounds found in lemons kill cancer cells.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice recipe
- 4 to 6 lemons
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 to 3 cups cold water
- Make a syrup
- Put sugar and water in a saucepan and simmer.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves and then remove from heat
- Remove the lemon seeds. Using a fork or a citrus reamer, juice the lemon. 4 to 6 lemons are enough for a cup of juice.
- Mix the juice with the syrup. Add water and taste. If the juice is a little sweeter for you, add the lemon juice directly to it.
- Chill in the fridge and serve.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which increases genes that aid in burning fat. Research conducted on obese mice showed an improvement in weight loss after being treated with acetic acid.
Other benefits include:
- Help in managing diabetes and blood sugar levels.
- Improve skin health.
- Lower cholesterol levels.
- Treats skin conditions such as eczema and dry skin.
How to prepare apple cider drink recipe
- 1 tbsp raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lemon
- Pour 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar in your water.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and squeeze the lemon juice onto the mixture and stir.
You should drink 1-2 teaspoons (15- 20 ml ) of apple cider vinegar everyday mixed with other ingredients or water.
Excessive dosage may result in enamel erosion, nausea, and acid reflux.
3. Green Tea
This fat-burning drink is loaded with antioxidants that help in weight loss. This is proven by this study which showed an increase in fat oxidation over frequent consumption of green tea.
Other benefits of green tea include:
- Improve brain function with the presence of caffeine, a stimulant.
- Reduces heart disease risks by managing cholesterol levels in the body.
- Prevents tooth problem sue to the presence of catechin a chemical oxidant in green tea
- Improves oral health with the help of catechins present in green tea. Catechin helps fight off bacteria.
How to make green tea.
- 1 teaspoon of tea leaves/ 1 teabag
- 1 cup of water
- Flavor add-ins(optional)
- Heat the water and let it boil
- Place a strainer over a cup.
- Pour the tea leaves into the strainer.
- Pour the boiled water onto the cup through the strainer. If you’re using a teabag, immerse it into the hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the flavor add-ins like honey or ginger if desired.
4. Natural Honey
Natural honey is the ideal fat burner drink with no cholesterol or additives. The American College of Nutrition published a journal that shows honey produces hormones that control appetite. This maintains a low-calorie intake.
It also notes that honey contains compounds that activate thermogenesis. This is when your body generates heat— burning fat in the process.
Other benefits of natural honey:
- Boosts energy reducing fatigue during exercises
- It contains antimicrobial elements that treat sore throat and cough
- Boosts immunity with its antibacterial properties.
- Reduces cholesterol and heart disease risks.
- Improves sleep. This is quite helpful in weight loss as being sleep-deprived increases Ghrelin which increases hunger ratings
How to prepare a honey drink for burning belly fat
- 1 tbsp. natural honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 300ml water
- Heat the water and let it cool a little.
- Add honey into the water and stir.
- Add lemon juice to the mixture and stir. You may add black salt for taste.
5. Cayenne Pepper Tea Recipe
Adding cayenne pepper to your diet helps boost metabolism which is necessary for burning calories. The Bioscience Reports Journal notes that capsaicin found in cayenne peppers increases fat oxidation which in turn elevates resting energy expenditure.
Other benefits of cayenne pepper
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces pain from an injury
- Relieves sore throat and cough
- Improves digestive health.
How to make Cayenne pepper tea with ginger:
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups of water
- 1 ginger
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Clean and grate the ginger.
- Put in the water and let nit boil.
- Add cayenne pepper and simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice, and stir.
- Your drink is ready.
Too much cayenne pepper may cause a burning sensation, bleeding, liver damage, and stomach ache. To prevent this, only take 1 teaspoon of powdered cayenne pepper per day.
You can divide this amount into small portions and take it a few times a day.
You should also avoid taking cayenne pepper on an empty stomach.
Water is a natural remedy for burning belly fat. It keeps your body hydrated and suppresses your appetite which promotes weight loss.
According to a study published in the Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research, 50 obese individuals reported significant weight loss after drinking water 0.5 liters per day for 8 weeks.
Benefits of water:
- Provides clear skin by flushing out toxins.
- Prevents the formation of kidney stones risks by keeping your body hydrated.
- Reduces migraines and headaches.
- Cleanses the liver by flushing out toxins.
- Boosts energy levels and improves physical performance.
Lemon, cucumber & mint water recipe
10-12 mint leaves
3 liters water
- Slice the lemon and cucumber and put them in water
- Clean the mint leaves and add them to the mixture.
- Allow them to steep in the fridge for some time to absorb all the flavors.
Lemon juice, green tea, cayenne pepper, natural honey, and water are among the best detox drinks. They’re are low in carbs and calories enabling you to meet your calorie goal.